In my last video, I talked about using avocado as a natural, healthier substitute for mayonnaise. Here is a recipe that I love to make: a much healthier, guilt-free version of chicken salad. Easy and quick to make, it is an awesome recipe to try. Try this recipe and share it with someone you know who would enjoy it as well!
- 1 piece of boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 oz)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Dijon mustard and hot sauce (optional, but I like the flavors they add)
- Optional: a few grapes
- Seasoning suggestions: pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Season and bake chicken in the oven (I bake it at 375° F for around 16-24 minutes, depending on how much chicken I have) and let it cool.
- Cut avocado in half and scoop out contents. Either mash it by hand or put it in a food processor until smooth.
3. In a bowl, combine avocado, seasonings, a small squeeze of Dijon mustard, and a little hot sauce; add more as desired.
4. Cut up chicken into small cubes and add to avocado mixture. Cut up a few grapes if you’d like and add them to the bowl. Mix well. Enjoy just plain, in a salad, on an English muffin, or on one slice of whole wheat toast.