Making an all-natural 1-ingredient gluten-free toast is easier than you may have thought! Cue the star ingredient: sweet potatoes! Here’s how to make healthy and delicious sweet potato toasts, which you get to decorate with your favorite toppings! In this segment from the July episode of the Bri Healthy Show, Bri cooks an avocado toast, peanut butter banana toast, and a jam and farmer’s cheese toast! Watch the segment to see them made before your eyes, and check out the full recipe below!
1 large, cylindrical sweet potato, sliced into ¼-½ inch thick slices
Desired toppings (I used natural peanut butter, banana, avocado, cherry jam, and farmer’s cheese)
- Slice sweet potato carefully into ¼-½ inch thick slices. Using a mandolin slicer will be the safest option. Tip: slice a small piece off of one side to create a flat surface of the potato to assist your manual knife cutting.
- Toast sweet potato slices in a toaster or toaster oven until brown toasted spots appear. This may require using the highest setting on a toaster multiple times. Make sure to keep an eye on the toasts so they do not burn and for toaster safety.
- Top with your favorite toppings! Bri’s picks:
- Avocado, salt, and black pepper
- Peanut butter and banana slices
- Farmer’s cheese and unsweetened cherry jam
Enjoy! Tag me on Instagram (@bri.healthy) with your creations, and let me know which toppings you used! Happy toasting!