This healthy spring pasta recipe is an easy way to enjoy the fresh flavors of springtime in a healthful and delicious way! The star of this dish is pea sprouts, which are baby pea plants and a form of microgreens, which are packed with nutrients and health benefits! Enjoy this easy, light recipe, and please tag me in any photos on Instagram (@bri.healthy) and I’d be happy to share!
- 1 box chickpea pasta, prepared
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pea sprouts, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese for grating
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat on medium low heat.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add pea sprouts to pan and sauté for about 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
- Turn off the heat and add the contents of the pan to the bowl of pasta. Gently stir to combine.
- Place in bowl and grate fresh parmesan cheese to top. Enjoy!