This segment is brought to you by Lifeway Kefir!
Thanksgiving is about gratitude and love, but let’s be real: it’s really about the delicious food! To help you have Your Healthiest Thanksgiving yet, I teamed up with Lifeway Kefir to bring you a healthy and delightful rendition of mashed potatoes! My Creamy Garlic Kefir Mashed Potatoes are perfect for Thanksgiving, not only because mashed potatoes are such a staple, but because you’re getting so many amazing health benefits from the kefir as well! Watch the segment from my Thanksgiving talk show episode to learn about the benefits and to watch me prepare this easy and delicious dish!
Creamy Garlic Kefir Mashed Potatoes
- 6 large Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
- 1 cup Plain Lifeway Kefir (start with 1 cup, then add more if needed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl. Mash them with a potato masher or immersion blender.
- Add kefir to the bowl and mix to combine. Start with 1 cup of kefir and add more if needed until you reach the desired creamy consistency. The size of the potatoes may vary, so start with less and you can always add more!
- Grate garlic using a grater into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix to combine, and serve immediately!