As seen on WDTN’s Living Dayton! I joined co-host Emily Gibbs to share a super easy, healthy, gluten-free pumpkin pancakes recipe for you to make for a healthy autumn or Thanksgiving breakfast! This is a simple, kid-friendly recipe that the whole family can get involved in! Watch the segment and see the full recipe below! When you make this recipe, please tag me in any photos on Instagram @bri.healthy! Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin purée
- ½ cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- Peel banana and add to a medium-large sized mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Crack eggs into a side of the bowl. Whisk the eggs first and then whisk to combine with the banana.
- Add pumpkin purée, oat flour, pure maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Spray a griddle pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Use a small measuring cup to pour batter onto the griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until you start to see bubbles in the pancakes. Slide a spatula gently around the edges of the pancake, and then flip to the other side, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove pancakes and repeat until your batter is all gone.
- Serve pancakes immediately and top with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and enjoy!