If you’re looking for a healthy comfort food recipe, look no further! This Healthy Grilled Cheese is what dreams are made of, and it’s so easy and delicious! I’m so grateful that I got to join my friends at Living Dayton to cook this recipe for them on TV!
This recipe only requires 3 ingredients and is so easy to make! It can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free bread. Check out the full recipe below and tap the video above to watch my cooking segments!
Healthy Grilled Cheese
A diner-style grilled cheese made with better-for-you ingredients to help you feel amazing!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Spread butter on just one side of both slices of bread.
- Heat a griddle or griddle pan to medium-low heat. (You don't need to spray with cooking spray).
- Place both slices of bread, with the buttered sides facing down, on to the griddle. Place both slices of cheese stacked on top of each other on one of the bread slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully, lift each slice up to check the golden coloring of the bread. Once both slices are looking golden brown, use the spatula to stack the solo slice onto the slice with cheese. Press on the sandwich with your spatula, and flip over a few times until the outsides are fully golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from griddle with spatula and enjoy!